Al-Anon’s Twelfth Step suggests we, “carry this message to others. . . .” We do this through service to relatives and friends of alcoholics. Service work can take many different forms, such as sharing one’s story at a meeting, making a telephone call to reach out to a member, setting up coffee at a meeting, or contributing time at a service center answering phones or stuffing mail. Training is always available for new volunteers.
Miami Valley Al-Anon Information Service Intergroup depends on the generosity of its volunteers. “Let it begin with me” when someone reaches out for help.
Are you interested in volunteering? Please see the opportunity listed below and contact us.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend MVAIS bi-monthly meetings
- Take minutes & attendance
- Send meeting minutes, treasurer’s reports and any other related items that need to be included to representatives of all the meetings in our region and to officers. (This is done via U.S. Mail and email.)
- Keep records of each meeting for archives
- Send out or bring agenda for meetings
- Email reminders before meetings
- Occasionally help Public Outreach with flyers
If you’re interested in volunteering for this position, please contact MVAIS via the form below, or leave us a message at (937) 640-2008.