Dayton Alateen meets every Tuesday (7pm) at Southminster Presbyterian Church in the Ark Room. Southminster is in Centerville near the intersection of I-675 and Route 48. Contact Rick S. with any questions.
What is Alateen?
Help for teens whose lives are affected by someone else’s drinking
Do you know an adolescent or teenager who is trying to cope with an alcoholic parent, friend or other relative?
In Alateen, young people come together to:
- Share experience, strength and hope with each other
- Discuss their difficulties
- Learn effective ways to cope with their problems
- Encourage one another
- Help each other understand the principles of the Al-anon program
Alateen members learn:
- Compulsive drinking is a disease
- They can detach themselves emotionally from the drinker’s problems, while continuing to love the person
- They are not the cause of anyone else’s drinking or behavior
- They cannot change or control anyone but themselves
- They have spiritual and intellectual resources with which to develop their own potentials, no matter what happens at home
- They can build satisfying and rewarding life experiences for themselves