We, Al-Anon and Alateen members, found it helpful to:
- Find a convenient meeting.
- Go to meetings. We suggest that you attend at least six meetings
before making any decisions concerning the program.
- We also urge you to listen with an open mind; take what you like and leave the rest. If a meeting seems not for you, try other meetings – the format
is different from meeting to meeting.
- If you feel the need, talk to other members before or after the
meeting. Your anonymity will be protected.
- Exchange phone numbers.
- Read Al-Anon and/or Alateen books and pamphlets.
If you still have questions, feel free to ask people at meetings. We offer our friendship and our understanding. Please keep coming back. Believe us when we say “It works if you work it, and you are worth it.”